The new bridge has been completed for a little while now and much work has been done stripping stuff off the old steel bridge. I saw something indicating that the old bridge was going to be dynamited at noon on March 20. I planned to go out and get some pictures.
As I was getting out of the shower and dressed around 9:30 I heard a powerful bang. I knew what it was right away. Dang.
I needed to change some simple wiring in my basement. The lights in my hallway were to be included into a longer lighting path. I needed to disconnect them from the power source and swap a couple of switches from 3 way to 4 way.
Looking into the switch box I don’t see too much out of place but there’s an odd lack of wires and a wire nut that shouldn’t be where it is. Hm.
Hm. So what is this that Pat’s building? Is it a one armed robot? Some kind of musical instrument? Time will tell. My sheet metal welding skills improved as I worked on this. Sure, it’s a job that cries out for TIG but all that time to set that up… Nah, MIG works, it just isn’t as pretty.
As TVA is bringing up our lake levels we had widespread heavy rains last night. It will take days for the rain to drain down into the lake but that should jump up the levels. These were taken the morning of 4/3/2014. I’ll try to add some more pics in about a week or so.
I took 4 pictures and let Google+ stitch them into a panoramic view of our little slice of the lake.
To provide more space and keep things from being lost behind the machines I built a plywood shelf. It’s supported on the walls with about an inch clearance. I biscuited some hardwood to the front edge so the corners could be eased.